List of RSA
Information for the driving test and driving lessons
When the tester calls you into his office, he will,
Then the tester will go with you to your car, where,
- check your provisional permit to make sure it is valid and relates to you.
- ask you to sign a declaration that your test vehicle is roadworthy and insured.
- ask you some questions on the rules of the road, and road signs.
- you will be asked technical questions.
- the tester will check that your indicators and brake lights are working, by standing in front and behind the car.
- Once inside the car the tester will ask you to start the engine
- PRECAUTIONS before starting the engine, --- H.N.I.
- first check that the handbrake is properly on, H.
- then check the gear lever is in neutral, N.
- then you may turn the key to start the engine. I.(ignition)
- the tester will also ask you questions on the secondary controls of the car; i.e. Headlights.
- the tester will ask you to carry out your checks (cockpit drill)
- THE COCKPIT DRILL --- D.S.S.S.M.
- DOOR - check that your door is properly shut.
- SEAT BOTTOM - check that the seat bottom is close enough to the pedals, and LOCKED in place.
- SEAT BACK - check that the seat back is adjusted to reach the gear lever and the steering wheel comfortably; the steering wheel adjusts also in most cars.
Check that the head rest is properly adjusted for you.
- SEAT BELT- make sure that you have your seat belt on.
- MIRRORS- Make sure that the mirrors are properly adjusted for driving.
During the driving test, at a convenient point when you are parked up, the tester will ask you
to demonstrate hand signals, given below,